In business, there is what many refer to as the “Elevator Pitch”, which is a quick summary of what your business does. They say that you should be able to deliver this overview in the length of time it takes to ride an elevator. Given that many companies do business online these days, you need a way to deliver this message effectively. Sometimes a bunch of words on a screen doesn’t help. This is where Explanation Videos comes in.
Anderson Willis of ExplanationVideos.com presented at Co-Merge recently to share what his business does in which he offered the “Three Commandments to Clear Communication”, which are:
1. Know thy customer. Craft your message to address your customers needs.
2. Thou shalt talk benefits. Customers don’t care about the details. They just want to know how your solution is going to impact their lives.
3. Thou shalt not brag about your tech. Share how tech benefits them instead.
Even though you missed the event you can get an idea on how to do this by CLICKING HERE. Also, stayed tuned for a video containing highlights from the 45 minute talk Anderson gave.
Here is a video explaining what explanation videos are…
I also asked Anderson his 3 basic tips for using Explanation Videos online:
1) Be brief
2) Establish CLEAR messaging using – “The Explanation Method”
3) Tell the audience EXPLICITLY what you want them to do next.
For more information about Explanation Videos, visit: www.explanationvideos.com
Interested in hosting a seminar in our training room? Contact us for more information: info[at]co-merge.com or call 619-255-9040